Friday, September 7, 2012

A Psychoanalytic Experience Poem

This is a poem by Anna Russell that I found very interesting:



I went to my psychiatrist to be psychoanalyzed
To find out why I killed the cat and blacked my
husband's eyes.
He laid me on a downy couch to see what he could find,
And here is what he dredged up from my subconscious
mind:
When I was one, my mommy hid my dolly in a trunk,
And so it follows naturally that I am always drunk.
When I was two, I saw my father kiss the maid one day,
And that is why I suffer now from kleptomania.
At three, I had the feeling of ambivalence toward my
brothers,
And so it follows naturally I poison all my lovers.
But I am happy; now I've learned the lesson this has
taught;
That everything I do that's wrong is someone else's
fault.



I don't want to say anything more because I think the poem says enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment