Saturday, August 18, 2012

Chick-Fil-A : Not Coming to a City Near You



I was watching television while in Florida and I saw what was going on with the fast-food restaurant Chik-Fil-A and homosexual activists. If I had to sum up in one word what my reaction was when I heard about this incident it would be: disgust.

The president of Chik-Fil-A, Dan Cathy, simply stated that he supported traditional marriage. The man didn't say anything against same-sex marriage, although it's not difficult to understand that Mr. Cathy is no supporter of same sex marriage. Now, because this man takes a different view from what many in society support, all kinds of foolishness, nonsense, and injustice are being committed against this man and his company.

Homosexual activists were talking about protesting at various Chick-Fil-A restaurants and I have heard of at least one being vandalized because of what is going on. Political officials in Chicago and Boston declared their opposition to Chick-Fil-A expanding into their cities because Mr. Cathy is not in favor of same-sex marriage. In other words, Mr. Cathy and his company are being DISCRIMINATED against because he still supports heterosexual marriage and he openly expresses this.

When I think of how intolerant, arrogant and unjust the homosexual bigots are I can't help but be disgusted. Allow me to clarify what I mean by "homosexual bigots" lest I be misquoted and my words used as ammunition for the silly notion that homosexuals are always persecuted. Within the category of homosexual bigot I include homosexuals as well as non-homosexuals. These are people who claim to be "tolerant" and "accepting" but only insofar as you agree with everything they stand for. They scream for "equality" and "fairness" yet do not extend it to others. Homosexual bigots are those people who treat those with whom they disagree the exact way they complain about being treated themselves. Can you imagine the outcry which would have occurred if a city openly declared they would not allow a particular same-sex marriage supporting business (e.g., Starbucks) to open a shop in the city because they support same-sex marriage? My goodness, one wouldn't be surprised if there were riots! In addition, the media would display it as a "righteous" cause since the city would be acting "intolerant."

This whole incident would be laughable if only it wasn't so widespread. This is the sad reality of what will probably keep continuing in U.S.A. I wouldn't be surprised if we come upon a time when individuals will be thrown in prison for expressing their disagreement regarding same-sex marriage. Or businesses being heavily fined or even shut down by the government because they either openly or implicitly affirm only heterosexual marriage. As I mentioned earlier, the only emotion that arises within me when I ponder these things is: disgust.

No comments:

Post a Comment